pinkdot Utah is a campaign encouraging Utahns to speak up for the LGBT people in their life. It's about people wanting to show their Love. Support. Courage.
Organizers of pinkdot would like to invite the community at large to share their story with the rest of us. We want you to decide what that story is and how you choose to present it to us. It does not have to be fancy. Use your smart phone, Flip video camera or whatever device you have and share your story with Utah, and the whole world. In your story, you might consider including:
- Why pinkdot Utah is important to you and/or;
- Why the LGBT person that you know is important to you and/or;
- What you would like to say to your friend, family member or colleague. Perhaps it is something you have already told them. Perhaps it is something you wish you would have already told them but have not yet had the opportunity to do so.
We hope that by sharing your story others will be prompted to take one more step in an effort toward Love. Support. Courage.
How do I share my story?
Instructions for sharing your video if you have a Google/YouTube account:
- Go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PinkDotUT?feature=mhsn
- Scroll down below the featured video (go ahead and like the video while you are moving on down the screen)
- Right below that you will see the pinkdot logo. While there "subscribe" to the PinkDotUT channel to keep up with other videos and updates.
- You will see the words "Send Message".
- Click on "Send Message" and attach your video.
We ask that when you send us the video (either through YouTube or email) that you include a brief statement that you:
- Are the owners of video.
- Give pinkdot Utah permission to post the video and that all people on the video are knowing participants for this project.
All submitted videos will be added to our YouTube Channel and shared with others. We will review the videos before posting them. The only thing that will keep a video from not being posted is if it violates our theme of Support. Love. Courage. In any way.
We look forward to hearing from you!